Wedding season will be here before you know it! With our expertise on all things wedding, we thought that it would be beneficial to share 8 questions that to ask your wedding photographer! Because the photographer is so essential you will also want to ask for a portfolio, recommendations, and of course meet with the potential photographer in person!
Besides those essentials here are our 8 questions:
1. How would you describe your style of photography? This is important because if you identify with southern styled wedding photography, then you wouldn't typically care for dark, candid pictures. Your style would be airy and light.
2. How many hours are included in your package and what is the cost for extra? Need I say more?
3. How many weddings do you book per day? I find that a photographer that books multiple weddings a day could back out. You will want to know where he/she is coming from and if there is a backup in place.
4. What happens if you get sick and can't make it? On a similar note, ensure there’s some sort of plan in place in case of any last minute emergences where your photographer can’t make it.
5. Do you bring your own lighting? Ask whether he will use the available lighting or if he plans to bring his own. Just make sure any equipment isn’t too obtrusive or distracting from your décor.
6. How will I get my photos? Some photographers will post photos on their own password-protected sites while others will deliver physical proofs.
7. Who owns the copyright to the photos? If the photographer owns the copyright (which is pretty typical) and grants you certain usage, this means you’ll have to order prints through the photographer. Be prepared for that extra cost!
8. Will you be posting my wedding photos on your website or social media? This is important to address if privacy is a concern.
Above all, make sure you and your groom mesh well with your photographer. You’ll get better shots if you’re comfortable and relaxed, after all!