One of the biggest tasks is finding the perfect venue! Going to multiple venues can cause you to lose a lot of time and can be overwhelming. In order to help in that process.
- Are there vendor restrictions? Many venues will only let you work with their in-house services or with an approved list of outside vendors.
- How early can I begin setup? Locations like hotels will often be hosting multiple events in a day. If you’ll only have a few short hours for setup, you’ll want to know in advance so you can plan for extra hands or less intricate décor.
- What if it rains? If all or a portion of your event is outdoors, make sure your location has a contingency plan in place for bad weather. Oh, and ask about any associated fees as well!
- What is the parking situation? Make sure there’s enough parking for your guests and if there is a charge involved. If parking isn’t ample, you’ll want to look into a valet service or shuttle for your guests.
- Are there any noise restrictions? Venues near quiet residential areas may have noise restrictions in place. You’ll want to know now if the party will need to end by 10 p.m.!
- Will I need to get my own insurance or permits for the event? Many locations will already carry insurance and permits but some might require you to procure those. This is more likely with locations where you’re bringing it all in, like a park or beach.
- Is there somewhere for me and the rest of the wedding party to get ready? Having a space onsite to get ready for the ceremony and/or touch up before the reception will make your life so much easier! Some venues will provide this for a fee or will comp the charge – just ask to see what kind of deal you can get.
I hope that this helps to jump start the process of selecting a venue! For more help contact us here!
Until Next Time!
With the color of the year released by Pantone not too long ago, we thought that we would give some tips on how to incorporate it into your wedding or event.
Whether you want to include "greenery" as ink color or paper color it is up to you. Greenery can also be incorporated in the theme or design as well.
This one might be obvious, but going for the green. Include a lot of "greenery" or choose to play up the foliage in the centerpieces to create an arrangement that pays tribute to the shade.
Of course I am not saying to go for a green suit, save that look for the Kentucky Derby. Instead, opt for small details such as ties, pocket squares, the shirt, or bridesmaid dresses.
Until Next Time!
How to plan the perfect cocktail hour at your wedding or event!Read More
We are writing this post to give you the "411" on what is needed to create a picture perfect Galentine's Day event. Whether you are completely ready for your event tomorrow or you want to throw the party but don't know where to start - we've got you covered!
We thought that this invitation would be a cute options but definitely feel free to send a cute text if you weren't able to send printed invites to your gals.
From mimosa and waffle bar to cute hors d'oeuvres style shrimp cocktail the options are limitless.
We love details. When we were looking for the perfect photos, we came across this one. Found here on POPSugar to create a XOXO do it yourself tablecloth.
The music sets the tone of the event, so finding/creating a playlist that creates a fun and confident environment is vital. After much searching we found this playlist graphic above and it does the trick!
Some of the fun ideas that we came up with are:
1. Creating flower crowns - found here!
2. Nail Painting
3. Play games
4. Watch a Chick-Flick with nice snacks
For the favor why not make this cute tote - DIY found here. Include cute sweet treats and maybe even ask all of the girls bring something that they love to exchange and include in the bag.