One of the biggest tasks is finding the perfect venue! Going to multiple venues can cause you to lose a lot of time and can be overwhelming. In order to help in that process.
- Are there vendor restrictions? Many venues will only let you work with their in-house services or with an approved list of outside vendors.
- How early can I begin setup? Locations like hotels will often be hosting multiple events in a day. If you’ll only have a few short hours for setup, you’ll want to know in advance so you can plan for extra hands or less intricate décor.
- What if it rains? If all or a portion of your event is outdoors, make sure your location has a contingency plan in place for bad weather. Oh, and ask about any associated fees as well!
- What is the parking situation? Make sure there’s enough parking for your guests and if there is a charge involved. If parking isn’t ample, you’ll want to look into a valet service or shuttle for your guests.
- Are there any noise restrictions? Venues near quiet residential areas may have noise restrictions in place. You’ll want to know now if the party will need to end by 10 p.m.!
- Will I need to get my own insurance or permits for the event? Many locations will already carry insurance and permits but some might require you to procure those. This is more likely with locations where you’re bringing it all in, like a park or beach.
- Is there somewhere for me and the rest of the wedding party to get ready? Having a space onsite to get ready for the ceremony and/or touch up before the reception will make your life so much easier! Some venues will provide this for a fee or will comp the charge – just ask to see what kind of deal you can get.
I hope that this helps to jump start the process of selecting a venue! For more help contact us here!