Many bride's or couples ask me all the time, what do you do? What does a wedding planner really do? So, I thought it was fitting to write this post! And truthfully, one of your biggest decisions is to decide whether or not to hire a wedding planner (and in our case, we also design weddings).
While all planners (like me!) should help you with the flow of your event and make sure all the elements come together, services can vary from planner to planner. Here are few things a planner might be able to help you with:
- Dealing with vendors. Recommending, hiring, confirming, a planner can help with it all! We also usually have a pretty good network of vendors and can find some pretty good deals for you.
- Putting together the big-picture design, from flowers to tabletops.
- Helping you set a budget and keeping track of deposits and other important financial due dates.
- Selecting and designing invitations. Some may even address, send and keep track of RSVPs for you!
- Assisting the bride with wedding gown shopping as well as attire for the rest of the wedding party.
- Making menu and musical recommendations.
- Arranging transportation for you, your wedding party and close family members.
- Creating the day-of schedule – and helping everyone stick to it!
…and much more. This is just the tip of the iceberg! Wedding planners often play diplomat, mediator, style consultant and so many other roles. If there’s a particular area you really need help with, just be sure to ask whether it’s included in your planner’s range of services.